Technical CCR Instructor Course
Lead by Experience
Tech CCR Instructing is all about putting what you have learnt in the field and passing this onto your candidates!
Tec 40 CCR Instructor Training Course
To enroll in the Tec 40 CCR Instructor Training course, an individual must:
- Be a renewed PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer (or a PADI Instructor with a higher rating).
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Instructor.
- Be a PADI Deep Diver Specialty Instructor.
- Be certified as a Tec 40 CCR Diver on the specific Type T CCR for which the candidate is qualifying, or have a qualifying certification from another training organization. Instructors meeting this requirement with a qualifying
certification from other training organizations must read the Tec 40 CCR Diver Manual and complete the Knowledge Reviews prior to the Tec 40 CCR Instructor Training course.
- Have a minimum of 150 logged dives, with at least 100 dives and 100 hours on the specific Type T CCR for which the instructor is qualifying as a Tec 40 CCR Instructor.
- Medical clearance attesting to dive fitness signed by a physician within the previous 12 months.
Instructor candidates must have, in their possession, a personal, current set of the following materials to study with and use during the course and for reference afterward:
• Tec 40 CCR Diver Instructor Guide in a language the candidate understands
• All the materials required for Tec 40 CCR Diver, as listed in the Tec 40 CCR Diver Instructor Guide,
• Tec 40 CCR Diver Exams and answer sheets
- Candidates attend four Instructor Trainer-led curriculum presentations and two in water staff demonstrations:
• Introduction and Course Overview (Instructor Trainer Presentation)
• Tec 40 CCR Courses (Instructor Trainer Presentation)
• How to Teach CCR Courses (Instructor Trainer Presentation)
• Marketing Tec CCR Courses (Instructor Trainer-led Workshop)
• Confined Water Role Model Tec 40 CCR Teaching Skills (Instructor Trainer Demonstration)
• Open Water Role Model Rescue Demonstration (Instructor Trainer Demonstration)
- Candidates give at least two confined water teaching presentations, two practical application presentations, two knowledge development presentations, and one open water teaching presentation integrating two skills.
- Prior to certification, candidates must give at least one presentation in each of the following areas, earning the following scores or higher:
a. Knowledge development – 3.5
b. Confined water – 3.4
c. Open water – 3.4
- Demonstrate mastery of knowledge development by earning a score of 80 percent or higher on the Tec 40 CCR Instructor Exam. Candidates must review all items missed until they demonstrate mastery of those items.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively brief, coach, debrief and assess student learning in the practical application sessions.
- Perform all CCR skills in the Waterskills Evaluation as appropriate for the specific unit, scoring no less that a 3 on any skill, with at least 50 percent of skills scored at a 4 or higher.
- Successfully complete the Tec CCR Diver Rescue Workshop.