HMS Hermes Dive Trips
All flights need to get into Colombo. There are quite a few airlines that fly into Sri Lanka.
A Sample Itinerary:
- Day 0 - Fly into Colombo, stay the night in Hotel just out of Colombo in Negombo
- Day 1 - Drive across the country to Batticaloa to the resort ( Sightseeing on the way)
- Day 2 - Dive the HERMES 1
- Day 3 - Dive the HERMES 2
- Day 4 - Dive the HERMES 3
- Day 5 - Dive the HERMES 4
- Day 6 - Dive the HERMES 5
- Day 7 - Dive the HERMES 6
- Day 8 - Drive Back to Colombo and stay the night in Negombo (sightseeing day also)
- Day 9 - Fly out
The above itinerary is just a sample of what can happen. There are more wrecks round the area so if people want something different then we can arrange a day or so of diving other wrecks
- Airport transfers and main transfers to the Deep Sea Resort return
- Accomodation (based on twin share) in Negombo both ways
- Accommodation (based on twin share) at the Deep Sea Resort
- All diving
- Twin Tank hire and Air fills
Whats NOT Included?
- Food Drinks
- O2 fills $0.06c/litre
- Helium $0.15c/litre
- Rebreather tank hire $20/day per set of tanks.
- Sorb @ $15/kg
- Food and Drinks
Where are we Staying?
The Deep Sea Resort is where we will be spending our time whilst in Batticaloa.
The Resort is new, clean but basic. All rooms are airconditioned and have ensuites. All a diver needs!
There is a pool to relax in after a hard days diving
As you can see the rooms are basic. But they do the job. Fan and aircon. Electricity is 240v
All rooms have Ensuites
The restaurant offers a menu of both western and local foods. Of course you just cant beat a Sri Lankan Curry. Loads of fresh seafood!
What to Bring?
Apart from all your own dive gear please try and be as self sufficient with regards to spares as you possibly can. There is no dive store around the courner but there is a limited amount of spares.
There is no need to bring your own towels as these are provided
Bring heaps of sunblock and insect repellant. The mosquitoes like the taste of fresh blood if left uncovered during the evenings.
Please also bring personel first aid requirements for yourself. There is a local town a half an hour drive away if you need anything, but its better to be prepared.